Top 7 Thrifting Tips from Family Tree Resale
When you first start to thrift, it can seem overwhelming and discouraging. It will take a lot of patience, but you can find some of the best items. To help make your next thrifting experience even better, here are 7 tips on how to thrift like a pro!
- Examine your closet before going thrifting and donate. KNOW YOURSELF. Knowing what you need and do not need will make it much easier.
- Check clothes carefully and examine what can or cannot be fixed if needed! Items are constantly going in and out of Family Tree!
- DO NOT forget the mens or kids section! These are seriously my favorite sections - you can find some unique jackets, shirts, or even accessories. SO MANY FINDS.
- Don't’ forget to shop off season for clothing - you can score even better deals. And not as many people are looking for off season so you will find some great items.
- Bring reusable bags!!! This is important and such a small thing you can do to help our planet.
- Make sure to go in with the right mindset and open to finding something special! Thrifting can be a process so you definitely want to make sure you are in the mood.
- BE PATIENT. It takes time and you will have to search but it is SO worth it!
And when in doubt, don’t forget you can shop from the comfort of your own home and find items that are not in store online too!