Our voucher program is registered with the District Attorney's office in accordance with The Charity Trust Act.
Each year, we send
in annual reports
of all of the donations
and vouchers we donate.
(and that is used in resale dollars, where prices are 75-90% below retail
1. Any local school or organization can join our program at no cost.
2. People can then donate or shop at Family Tree on behalf of their school or group. These two activities earn vouchers for the partner.
3. We keep a tally of all donations and shopping done for each of our partners.
4. Quarterly, we count up and send out batches of vouchers to the social workers at each of our partner schools and groups.
5. The social workers distribute the vouchers to families in need who then come shop for free at Family Tree.
It is a local ecosystem that works to help neighbors help neighbors!
Lombard D44 Student Services
Family Tree Resale has been a valued support to Lombard District 44 families in need for over four years. They have supplied thousands of dollars worth of $20 vouchers which our school social workers and school psychologists put directly into the hands of parents to help them meet basic needs for their children. As we have seen the number of homeless and at-risk families grow over the years, we rely on the partnership of Family Tree Resale.
~M. Niespo D44 Special Services
Glen Ellyn D89 Superintendent
I have witnessed first-hand the merits of the Family Tree Resale Shop with our most at-risk student populations. These efforts are coordinated through the district’s social workers and parent-teacher council outreach efforts. Whether the voucher program is valued for clothing or household items, these basic and human needs are the lifeline to family success in our community.
~John S. Perdue, Ed.D.
Superintendent District 89
Glen Ellyn Social Workers
Family Tree has participated in a voucher program with our district for six years now and it has been extremely beneficial and valuable to our families. Family Tree is so generous with us and has helped to provide clothing and other household items to so many of our families.
~ E. Walsh, LSW, MSW
Park View School Social Worker
I am writing this letter in support of the strong and beneficial partnership that District 41 has with Family Tree Resale Shop. The Voucher program has been invaluable to so many of our students and their families in assisting them with providing for their basic needs.
~ M. Kosinski, LSW D41 Social Worker
Any school or organization can
contact us to join the program.
It is completely free.
There is no obligation.
Email us at:
We are not able to give out vouchers
from our stores.
To access vouchers for your family:
1. Please go to the page for the store
closer to you. There is a list of
our partners on these pages.
2. If you have school-aged children,
reach out to your school or school
district first if they are partnered
3. Choose a partner to contact
and set up an appointment with them.